Football is a dangerous game, demanding hardness and courage of all who take to the field. Injuries are commonplace. We all know and understand the importance of the insurance policy the club holds for each player for medical expenses. We all know that Health Insurance can be useful for all those extra physio sessions too.
But what happens when a football injury prevents you from working for an extended period of time? Unfortunately, neither the club’s policy nor your health cover will pay you any of your lost wages.
That’s where income protection can really help.
Thanks to Brenton Henry and his player sponsor, Essential Financial Planning, we can offer a free service to all Black Rock Football Club players.
Here are some good things to know about income protection:
- You don’t necessarily have to use any precious beer money to pay for it
- You can be covered for employment income lost due to sports injuries, including football
- You can keep the cover for as long as you want to keep it, even after you finish football
- Cost of coverage depends on your age, occupation, smoker status, the level of income covered and a raft of other options open to you. Each individual case is different and therefore attracts a different premium.
- Brenton Henry will assist you with all the ins and outs of your requirements, discuss the options to establish which company and policy should be put in place, and assist you with all the paperwork required to implement the cover.
If you rely on your income and play football, you need to consider at least having a discussion about it. The only cost to you will be your time.